10% OFF SUPER BARBERA SELECTION - ONLY 3 AVAILABLE
1. Cascina Fontana Barbera d'Alba 2020
Mario Fontana is a kind gentle soul who never forgets his humble farming origins. This small production of Barbera is coming from the Barolo area and has the perfect balance of complexity yet drinkability. Notes of roses and red fruit jam with hints of minerality jump out of the glass.
2. Stella Giuseppe Barbera d'Asti Superiore "Maestro" 2019 This is a powerful ageworthy Barbera coming from Costigliole d'Asti. It is aged for 18 months in big traditional Slavonian oak casks and gives you forest fruit and spicy flavors with a big powerful body and structure but always maintaining the key freshness of Barbera.
3. Bartolo Mascarello Barbera d'Alba 2020
A truly amazing Barbera coming from iconic producer in the heart of Barolo. The vines are in one of the greatest vineyards for Barolo, San Lorenzo, making it even more special. Aged in big Slavonian oak, this is a complex example of Barbera.
4. Trediberri Barbera d'Alba 2021
A young easy going Barbera with no oak aging (cement and stainless steel), this is an fun juicy wine to drink with friends without overthinking. It is simple but pure and never boring!
5. Gianluca Colombo Barbera d'Alba 2020
Gianluca is a strong believer in biodynamic and sustainable practices. His wines are unclarified and unfiltered and come from vines up to 86 years old! The wine ferments and macerates for a long period relative to most Barberas and can be aged in large Austrian oak barrels and/or terracotta pots for 12-18 months. A very unique express of Barbera.
6. Flavio Roddolo Barbera D'Alba Superiore 2011
This is one of his latest releases! There is no rush with Flavio. He is an old school farmer who hasn't changed his ways and takes care of every detail himself from the vines to the cellar. Sometimes he forgets the wine in the casks for awhile and comes out with aged wine releases like this Barbera. Here you get more earthy flavors of tobacco, leather, licorice and dark berry fruits. A truly special experience to taste an aged Barolo of this caliber.